I feel icky. Sluggish. Do you want to know why? Well, it started with McDonald's.
I took the kids to McDonald's before lunch to play on the playset, which they having been begging to do since we moved here. I thought it would be a nice treat to buy some fries to take home to eat with our lunch. They tasted so good but settled in my stomach like a brick. Wow, I just can't believe my body has adapted so quickly to this new diet!
But then I really did myself in with dinner. I tried to make our favorite squash patties vegan tonight, and I fried them up like normal in the oil instead of using the non-stick pan. UGH! That on top of the fries--I just want to start the day over. I am thankful for the encouraging reminder that we are doing the right thing.
Oh, and our blender officially died. So I am taking the $$$ plunge and ordering a Vitamix. It better be as good as everyone says.
D
Spicy blackeyed peas
Roasted lemon-dill new potatoes
Squash patties
Steamed green beans
Spinach and red leaf lettuce salad with red cabbage, carrot, and lemon vinaigrette
Pear
You?
Friday, April 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I've never heard of a vitamix, but if it's the best, you should definitely feel justified in getting it. Your kitchen appliances get more use than anyone's and if anyone deserves a splurge on a kitchen tool, it's YOU!
I don't have one, but watch one in action at Mike & Carody's and it is impressive! It blends through anything, which is why I will probably never take the "plunge" as you call it, myself. The last set of knives that claimed to cut through anything left me without the NorthWest tip of one of my fingers.
So...I have been cooking a little more again lately, but still enjoying the freezer back up, even if it is lasagna for the tenth time, it is great.
I made your TexMex breakfast tacos for brunch this morning! Always a treat :) The green salsa really makes those unique.
Eating a lot of fruit and fruit salads with the nicer weather... potato salad, sandwiches...last night spent a long time in the kitchen making spaghetti and meat balls, and the flavours as well as the sauce flavours were fabulous. The sauce was full of fresh herbs, basil, oregano and Italian parsley, and also had a nice flavour from the garlic, onions, olive oil, and the nice red Merlot for the deglazing. Used various of the wholefoods natural meats...and noticed while there that they sell "turkey sausage" - for those of you looking for healthier meat options. We don't eat meat very often and when we do, Wholefoods is the place to find it.
Speaking of meat I do have fish tacos on the menu for sometime this week, when baby lets me cook ;) served with coleslaw and a fresh mango chutney.
Angela, what do you season your lentils with? We like them, but find them on the bland side.
~ Bonnie
We had tostados with beans, cheese, sour cream and guacamole. Not healthy, but I felt good knowing there was no animal flesh on them. Robin hates it when I refer to meat like that!
Post a Comment