Friday
Black beans over chipotle millet
Soy-meat tamales
Spinach salad with carrots, tomatoes, and red onion
Fruit salad with strawberries, mango, and blueberries
Saturday
Roasted eggplant and chickpea stew over brown rice
Steamed green beans
Spinach salad with strawberries, red grapes, toasted pine nuts and raspberry vinaigrette
The eggplant stew was delicious! Ashton loved it and had two big bowls of it. Yea! You have to love a dish that has whole roasted garlic cloves in it. Yum. I adapted the recipe from Veganomicon--I didn't have all the ingredients but figured it was more of a free-form recipe anyway so it wouldn't matter.
You?
5 comments:
Angela you crack me up! The letter to greens should be framed somewhere ;) and might I add great hospital reading!
Bonnie
I cooked today! I made smoothies with fresh strawberries, bananas, blueberries and fruit cups (canned) for breakfast (with raisin toast.)
For dinner I made a dish with bowtie pasta noodles, 2 cans of tuna, 1 can of cream of mushroom soup and 1 can of water chestnuts and just mixed it all together with some cheese on top. It was yummy.
I served it with fresh green beans and jarred applesauce.
ice cream for dessert.
No cooking for me now for the rest of the week! :)
I had a Stampin' Up! meeting last night, and our truck battery had died the day before (while visiting Bonnie in the hospital!), so after work Mike came home and picked us up and went up to the hospital and installed the battery. Then he took us (just me and the boys) out for Chinese food before my meeting. Yummy, but a not so healthy night.
My ring almost wouldn't come off of my finger last night because of all of the salt in the food.
Tonight I have a MOPS meeting, so I am at the mercy of whoever is cooking dinner there this week.
Um, when I am out of groceries, we have cereal for dinner. You make my full pantry look like crap.
Angela- it looks fabulous. I added a food blog so feel free to check out some recipe ideas. I hope to keep up with it.
http://dinnerfor3boys.blogspot.com/
Any clever ideas for the name? What's for dinner is so lame (dating myself with that comment) but I can't come up with something better.
Post a Comment