Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Chemo Regular

Italian is becoming our regular post-Chemo meal for Clayton--who has a hard time with taste after his treatments.

Saturday

B
Marian's Pumpkin Pancakes
Soy sausage
Fruit

L (for Clayton--the rest of us hit a Mexican restaurant)
Eggplant sandwich
Spinach and red leaf lettuce with veggies and balsamic vinaigrette
Vegetable crackers
Orange slices

D
Brown rice penne and marinara sauce with pumpkin puree
Steamed broccoli
Warm whole wheat bread from the bread maker
Fruit salad with strawberries, pear, and blueberries

Sunday

D
Apple-cinnamon oatmeal
Whole wheat toast

Our dishwasher is down. Oh, the travesty! Seriously, this sucks. So today I hooked Clayton up with some high-quality leftovers and the rest of us went to IHOP for breakfast and brought Thai home for lunch. I know, the harvest grain and nut pancakes are not vegan, I didn't ask but duh. A little cheat on my part. But I did take rice milk and agave nectar to put in my decaf coffee.

You?

1 comment:

Barbara said...

I cooked something tonight. Woo hoo! It had been awhile.

We had angel hair pasta with marinara sauce and parmesean cheese, sliced apples and oranges, frozen spinach and, for dessert, bowls of honey nut cheerios!

Oh and we ate dinner outside on our new patio furniture, so that was nice!