The weather was finally nice yesterday so we at dinner out on the deck.
Bean tostadas with all the fixin's
Rice
Strawberries
Strawberry muffins for "dessert"
You?
Saturday, April 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is what's cooking tonight...like it or not.
5 comments:
I hadn't cooked in over 10 days because of our trip, so I thought I had better ease into cooking dinner slowly!
We had:
-chicken noodle soup (canned!)
-scrambled eggs
-belgian waffles made with one of those cool waffle irons you find at hotels
-topped with strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and rasberries (mixed together)
Oh, and for dessert we splurged and made sundaes with ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate sauce, nuts AND sprinkles.
The truth is I haven't cooked all weekend! ...with a delicious middle eastern meal provided at a wedding on Saturday, and my sister in law cooking amazing home made pizzas yesterday...I have make up time now all week! Tonight I am making garlic pesto mashed potatoes, roasting salmon, veggies...
That reminds me, Bonnie: Clayton had this amazing dish a week ago at Modesto in Asheville, smoked salmon over gnocchi with creamy-parmesan-tarragon-like sauce. So yummy...and I don't do fish! Well, I have had pretty good experiences with salmon. How did yours turn out?
It was good...marinated with olive oil, lemon, garlic, onions, green bell peppers (sometimes I use jalapenos) salt & pepper...I used frozen (thawed ;)) wild salmon steaks, not bad but I so much prefer fresh off the truck from Alaska!
The potatoes are always a keeper - a dish I mimicked a long time ago from a fancy restaurant on a lake in NY state...basically mashed potatoes, adding garlic powder or garlic paste and pesto paste to taste or until the potatoes are a light green. Sounds gross, but it is so delicious. Mike, Carody and the boys came over and I had made Griffin's favorite...steamed mixed veggies - to my surprise he kept asking for more potatoes ;) Sophisticated pallet right there!
Also had fresh tomatoes and homemade garlic cheese bread toasted in the oven.
BTW - Clayton's dish does sound good!
Post a Comment