Monday, April 23, 2007

Monday Mundane

Just a simple dinner tonight since I need to get to the store:

Capellini with marinara
Green beans
Toasted whole wheat baguette with parmesan and mozzerella

Later, for Clayton since I love him:
Banana milkshake

You?

5 comments:

Barbara said...

I finally cooked for a change... woo hoo!

chicken (see below)
baby red potatoes (cooked with the chicken)
asparagas spears
strawberries
homemade bread

for dessert: homebaked chocolate chip cookies!

chicken recipe:

In a saucepan, boil together the following: 1 pkg lipton onion soup mix, 1 can wholeberry cranberry sauce, 1 bottle Catalina dressing

Put chicken parts (any kids - I used all thighs this time, but can also use boneless skinless breasts etc) in a deep roasting pan

put potatoes in the same pan

cover with sauce mixture and bake, covered, 1 1/2 hrs or until done.

angela | the painted house said...

Oh, that sounds sooooo good! I might have to make it just for me and Clayton--or have some other meat eaters over for dinner! I do like thighs--much more juicy.

Barbara said...

I've been meaning to ask - you're raising the kids vegetarian, but you and Clayton eat meat, chicken, etc? Are you doing it just b/c it's healthier not to eat meat, chicken, etc.?

Anonymous said...

Barbara,

I'm making your chicken dish tonight. The combination of lipton onion soup, cranberry sauce and catalina dressing has me intrigued. Wish me luck!

angela | the painted house said...

I bought the ingredients yesterday, too, for the chicken (minus the chicken). I plan on trying it soon. Let us know how it turns out, Donna!

And, Barbara, I'll answer your question in a new post.