Sunday, April 01, 2007

A Little Blog Housekeeping

See what two new commenters motivate me to do? I have wanted to update the layout here for a while and be better about posting recipes--and today I actually had a chunk of time to indulge in the blog. Check out the recipe links on the right--and I will add more of "our favorites" soon. And please leave any of your favorites here, too!

7 comments:

Barbara said...

The format looks great and I can't wait to try making the enchiladas after Passover.

We were on the run non stop all day with hebrew school, dance, kids baseball games, etc. Got home at 5:30. So, tonight's quick and easy dinner in our househould:

-penne pasta
-Trader Joes's garlic and herbs pasta sauce (from a jar!), but added mushrooms and turkey meatballs
-salad w/tomatoes, sliced carrots and cucumbers and ranch dressing
-fresh baked bread (Pillsbury low fat french loaf)
-sliced apples

later: ice cream with hot fudge topping

Peggy said...

Love the new format! Also, anxious to try something different for dinner. I've been in a rut. Besides, I don't enjoy cooking.

Anonymous said...

I am back !

Love the lay out! ...would you mind putting a "u" and adding a "c" in Fettuccine or Fettuccini?...I don't mean to be a Greg, and pick on the spelling, I am certain hands down he would win any day!!

yesterday...
I made chicken enchiladas with store bought corn tortillas,
with...
guacamole, sour cream, spiced fluffy brown rice & corn, re-fried beans, hot sauce.

Anonymous said...

guess I can't spell cliquey haha, does that mean I'm out of the spinach clique?

angela | the painted house said...

Yeah, Greg can be such a blog downer, huh? JUST KIDDING, Greg...like he even reads this. Thank you, I knew I mispelled the "f-word" pasta but I was to lazy to find the correct spelling. I will change my ignorant ways.

Kristin said...

I can't say enough how much I love the blog.

We are all into tempeh at our house...tempeh stir fry to be exact. I like the 5 grain kind the best. I cut it into chunks and fry it in a little olive oil and a tiny bit of butter...I brown it on both sides and then douse with soy sauce. Then I remove from the pan and set aside.

I usually use frozen veggies for our stir fry unless it is summer and I can get some good ones. I like Kikkoman's Teriyaki sauce with some Mae Ploy Sweet chili sauce thrown in...I also like to add in a handful of sliced almonds or peanuts...and then add in the tempeh just before serving. It is SO GOOD!

We eat lots of asian, mexican, and italian as they are easy to make vegetarian.

You can also make the tempeh the same way but cut it into larger strips and top with peanut sauce, add a few veggies and eat over rice.

angela | the painted house said...

Kristin, that sounds so yummy. I will confess that I have never eaten tempeh. Any adventure towards eating that I ever had was squealched when I met my husband. He likes Italian, Mexican, Hamburger, and Hamburger. That is why I don't do much other than Italian and Mexican at home. But I determined this weekend that I would get online and order a vegetarian Asian cookbook to put some variety into our dinners. Plus, what an easy way to get the veggies in than a delish stir-fry!

Next time I'm in "the city" I will stop by the gourmet market and buy some Asian ingredients. Thank you for inspiring me even further.