I have been prowling around trying to find some restaurant options for us. This business of cooking every single meal is wearing me out. Mostly the menu items that we can eat are the same at each restaurant--black bean soup, vegetable soup, pasta with tomato sauce, etc. We have found a Mexican place where we can eat, and today we went to Olive Garden for lunch. The breadsticks have trans fat and are made with white flour (duh) so we practiced restraint with those and ordered them without butter--which almost made Ashton cry. Then we had the capellini pomodoro with the whole wheat linguine. We didn't fret too much about the sugar in the salad dressing--it is just a smidgen in Clayton's otherwise sugar-free diet. I just wish there were a purely vegetarian/vegan restaurant in town.

D
Brown rice penne with spicy mushroom, red onion, and red pepper sauce
Spinach and red leaf lettuce salad
Three-seed baguette from Panera Bread
Fresh pineapple and banana
I tried to recreate the Lousiana pasta that Clayton and I love from Cheesecake Factory. It was an acceptable recreation considering it is vegan. Certainly the delectable parmesan-crusted chicken was missing. And the brown rice pasta was soft and delicious. The bread was tasty, but I thought it was whole wheat and it wasn't.
You?
1 comment:
Good for you; you deserve a break! I wish you good luck in your hunt. :-) I'm so glad you were able to recreate a Cheesecake Factory recipe, how fun is that? It looks delicious! And the french toast sounds scrumptious too.
Bonnie and I stopped at Chipotle this evening after going to a PartyLite open house. I just love their chips and guacamole. But they are so much better BEFORE they have been slobbered on by my lovely children. *sigh* Will I ever eat clean food again? Tell me, Angela, what is it like with three? We'll be trying for our third here in a few months.
Post a Comment