Saturday, March 15, 2008

Stormy Saturday

Rainy weather kept us home early today. I was in the mood for pancakes (when am I not in the mood for pancakes?) so I tried to give Marian's pumpkin pancakes a vegan whirl. They were delicious and didn't taste any different than the fabulous original. I used Ener-G Egg Replacer for the egg, agave nectar for the brown sugar, and almond milk. We topped our flapjacks with a dollop of tofu whipped cream, a recipe from a new cookbook given to me by Joy. So it's not real whipped cream, but it did satisfy the creamy craving. We also had it on top of our apple-raspberry crisp today. Yum!

B
Marian's pumpkin pancakes topped with toasted pecans, tofu whipped cream, and maple syrup
Vegan soy sausages
Strawberries and banana

L
Leftovers from dinner last night

Thank goodness for those leftovers! In less than 10 minutes I had a beautiful and delicious meal on the table. And we ventured out to dinner tonight...but it is really too hard to do with this lifestyle--unless the restaurant is vegetarian/vegan, of course.

You?

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Wow - looks awesome!

We were on the run all day with baseball, softball and dance competitions, so we ate every meal out except breakfast. Had some good pasta for dinner and Subway for lunch.

Anonymous said...

vegetarian hot dogs
mashed potatoes
braised red cabbage...a first and yum.

oranges and walnuts later for snackage.

once again my favourites on the plate were the two items I made! Caleb laughingly said maybe I should learn how to make hot dogs.

bonnie

the larsons said...

yay! so glad you could tweak that recipe to make it vegan. We missed you guys for the brunch but totally understood. And we did have some delish vegan food in your honor.

Been thinking about you and Clayton a lot. Keep shrinking those tumors!