B
Cornmeal-raspberry pancakes
Banana
L--Clayton's brown bag
Leftover red lentil-barley soup
Leftover salad
Red grapes and orange
Spelt crackers and pb&honey
Fruit leather
Farfalle with marinara and peas
Spinach and red leaf salad with strawberries, kiwi, and toasted walnuts
Mango, pineapple, banana smoothie with flax meal
The pasta sauce was SO GOOD for being such a quickie. I sauted minced garlic (from jar) in olive oil, added a can of Muir Glen fire roasted diced tomatoes (LOVE THESE), a dash of minced onions, a splash of veggie broth, basil, pepper and then I let it all cook down a little while the pasta cooked and I made the salads. Clayton had spinach ravioli (vegan!) with his sauce. The only thing I would have done differently is use two cans of the tomatoes...what was I thinking?
The pancakes this morning were a treat--a little more dense than normal. They were supposed to have blueberries, but I realized as I heated the griddle that I was out so raspberries it was.
I found a strictly vegan store in town! The owner was so helpful to me in my ignoramus vegan ways--guiding me to a tasty (I hope) cheese for quesadillas. I also picked up some raw fruit and nut bars that are delish--at least the pecan pie flavor I had was a dream. And, I bought Veganomicon, a vegan cookbook that I have seen all over vegan blogs. The recipes sound divine and I can't wait to start experimenting.
I am in the middle of purging my pantry right now...that is why I am stalling here. I gave away all my unopened refrigerated dairy last week...bye-bye, marscapone cheese for tiramisu; so long gruyere for sinful mac-n-cheese; don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya, creamy and smooth vanilla Frappucinos. I now have a pile of various "evil" foods on my table right now and a trash bag full of partly-used sugars, white flour, and--the hardest of all--a jar of Nutella. But now I have so much more room! And I get to organize with all the new canisters from The Container Store. So hopefully that will keep my mind off banana crepes cloaked in gooey Nutella. Yeah, right.
You?
No comments:
Post a Comment